The Vietnam Business Forum Secretariat (VBF Secretariat) was established in February 2012 to play a coordination role for all VBF activities to ensure smooth function of the VBF and directly reports to the Management Board of the VBF Consortium. The Secretariat is located at the EuroCham premises in Hanoi.
The main role and responsibilities of the Secretariat are:
- Coordinate the Bi-annual Plenary Forum, provide support to the Co-chairmen of the Management Board and Working Group Chairs/Deputy Chairs;
- Support the facilitation efforts of Working Groups to address issues of concern raised by the Working Group and liaise with the Ministry of Planning and Investment to arrange Working Group meetings, Bi-annual Forums and other events;
- Manage information across the Working Groups and consolidate recommendations/strategy that could address the cross-cutting issues;
- Conduct follow-up with Government counterparts on the various issues raised by VBF; and
- Monitor progress, compile progress reports on issues raised by VBF and communicate widely to stakeholders.